merican swimming legend Michael Phelps finished second in the men's 200-meter butterfly race on Tuesday, finishing just .05 seconds behind South African Chad le Clos, who thrillingly surged ahead of Phelps in the final meters to take home the gold. The silver medal is Phelps' 18th medal (14 gold, two silver, two bronze), tying him with former Soviet gymnast Larissa Latynina as the most decorated Olympian in history. Phelps still has several races left in London in which he can break his tie with Latynina.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The U.S. auto bailout is officially over. Here's what America lost and gained.
- The secrets of happy families
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
Subscribe to the Week