eam USA successfully smoked the French to easily win the men's 4x200 freestyle relay on Tuesday. The win officially makes American swimming legend Michael Phelps the most decorated Olympian in history, with 19 medals — 15 gold, two silver, and two bronze. The former record holder was former Soviet gymnast Larissa Latynina, who won 18 medals. Phelps won eight medals (six of them gold) in Athens in 2004, eight (all gold) in Beijing in 2008, and has also won two silvers at this year's games, in addition to Tuesday's relay gold.
- Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson insulted African-Americans, too
- How advertisers use sex to sell products to women
- The way Hillary can win in 2016
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- 9 last-minute gifts that we actually want
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Will Democrats clean up in 2014 gubernatorial races?
- Yes, the NBA's Eastern Conference sucks. No, we shouldn't abolish conferences.
- Have banking and law careers gone out of style?
Subscribe to the Week