ight female badminton doubles players were disqualified from the London Olympics Wednesday after the Badminton World Federation found that they were throwing matches in order to get a more favorable spot in the tournament. The Federation announced its ruling after investigating two teams from South Korea and one each from China and Indonesia. It punished them for "not using one's best efforts to win a match" and "conducting oneself in a manner that is clearly abusive or detrimental to the sport" in matches Tuesday night.
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The secrets of happy families
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Battle in a blizzard
- Did God have a wife?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Why U.S. and British spies have moles in World of Warcraft
Subscribe to the Week