n what was meant to be a celebration of England's first gold of the 2012 Games, notoriously brash London Mayor Boris Johnson put on a hard hat, held two small British flags, and rode down a zip line in Victoria Park. Unfortunately, the wire sagged, and Johnson came to a halt about 20 meters from the end, "left dangling inelegantly in front of a watching crowd." At one point, Johnson said, "Get me a rope, get me a ladder." He was stuck for about five minutes. Watch a video here.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- The executioners' lament
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
Subscribe to the Week