Team USA's Danell Leyva took home the bronze medal in the men's all-around gymnastics final on Wednesday after his strong performance on the high bar was enough to boost him up the leaderboard. The win was a welcome one for Leyva, as the U.S. men's gymnastics team suffered a crippling upset two days ago, when they failed to medal despite winning the qualifying round. In the individual event, Japan's Kohei Uchimura won gold, and Germany's Marcel Nguyen took silver.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week