Team USA's Danell Leyva took home the bronze medal in the men's all-around gymnastics final on Wednesday after his strong performance on the high bar was enough to boost him up the leaderboard. The win was a welcome one for Leyva, as the U.S. men's gymnastics team suffered a crippling upset two days ago, when they failed to medal despite winning the qualifying round. In the individual event, Japan's Kohei Uchimura won gold, and Germany's Marcel Nguyen took silver.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- How science can help you survive scary movies
Subscribe to the Week