eam USA's Danell Leyva took home the bronze medal in the men's all-around gymnastics final on Wednesday after his strong performance on the high bar was enough to boost him up the leaderboard. The win was a welcome one for Leyva, as the U.S. men's gymnastics team suffered a crippling upset two days ago, when they failed to medal despite winning the qualifying round. In the individual event, Japan's Kohei Uchimura won gold, and Germany's Marcel Nguyen took silver.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
- 10 things you need to know today: March 7, 2014
Subscribe to the Week