Team USA's Danell Leyva took home the bronze medal in the men's all-around gymnastics final on Wednesday after his strong performance on the high bar was enough to boost him up the leaderboard. The win was a welcome one for Leyva, as the U.S. men's gymnastics team suffered a crippling upset two days ago, when they failed to medal despite winning the qualifying round. In the individual event, Japan's Kohei Uchimura won gold, and Germany's Marcel Nguyen took silver.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
Subscribe to the Week