uman Rights Watch has condemned the videotaped shooting in Syria of four apparent supporters of President Bashar al-Assad. A video posted on the internet shows Syrian rebels shooting the four men with Kalashnikovs. "What it looks like is execution of detainees and if that is the case, that would be a war crime," Clive Baldwin, senior legal adviser for Human Rights Watch, told the BBC. Government forces and Free Syrian Army rebels have been battling in the city of Aleppo, the country's largest city, and where the shootings occurred, for nearly two weeks.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
Subscribe to the Week