uman Rights Watch has condemned the videotaped shooting in Syria of four apparent supporters of President Bashar al-Assad. A video posted on the internet shows Syrian rebels shooting the four men with Kalashnikovs. "What it looks like is execution of detainees and if that is the case, that would be a war crime," Clive Baldwin, senior legal adviser for Human Rights Watch, told the BBC. Government forces and Free Syrian Army rebels have been battling in the city of Aleppo, the country's largest city, and where the shootings occurred, for nearly two weeks.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week