uman Rights Watch has condemned the videotaped shooting in Syria of four apparent supporters of President Bashar al-Assad. A video posted on the internet shows Syrian rebels shooting the four men with Kalashnikovs. "What it looks like is execution of detainees and if that is the case, that would be a war crime," Clive Baldwin, senior legal adviser for Human Rights Watch, told the BBC. Government forces and Free Syrian Army rebels have been battling in the city of Aleppo, the country's largest city, and where the shootings occurred, for nearly two weeks.
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The secrets of happy families
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Will John Kerry's foreign policy successes undercut Hillary Clinton?
- The emerging budget deal is a small victory for Republicans
Subscribe to the Week