uman Rights Watch has condemned the videotaped shooting in Syria of four apparent supporters of President Bashar al-Assad. A video posted on the internet shows Syrian rebels shooting the four men with Kalashnikovs. "What it looks like is execution of detainees and if that is the case, that would be a war crime," Clive Baldwin, senior legal adviser for Human Rights Watch, told the BBC. Government forces and Free Syrian Army rebels have been battling in the city of Aleppo, the country's largest city, and where the shootings occurred, for nearly two weeks.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week