Missy Franklin, Dana Vollmer, Shannon Vreeland, and Allison Schmitt took gold in the women's 4x200-meter freestyle relay, beating out the Australians and the French and setting a new Olympic record with an overall time of 7 minutes and 42.92 seconds.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The worrying rise of the anti-vaccination movement
- 10 things you need to know today: September 20, 2014
Subscribe to the Week