On Wednesday, conservatives around the country participated in "Chick-fil-A appreciation day" to support Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy, who has recently come under fire for saying he did not support gay marriage, and who has long been criticized by liberals for financially supporting anti-gay groups. The appreciation day was organized by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R), and saw prominent Republicans, including Sen. Lindsey Graham (pictured), eating at the fast-food chicken chain and posting pictures of themselves on social media. "As a long time Chick-fil-A fanatic, I stand with Chick-Fil-A," the South Carolina Republican wrote on his Facebook page. "We had it for breakfast today, but my usual order is the #1 combo with slaw and a Coke Zero. Can't beat it."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week