On Wednesday, conservatives around the country participated in "Chick-fil-A appreciation day" to support Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy, who has recently come under fire for saying he did not support gay marriage, and who has long been criticized by liberals for financially supporting anti-gay groups. The appreciation day was organized by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R), and saw prominent Republicans, including Sen. Lindsey Graham (pictured), eating at the fast-food chicken chain and posting pictures of themselves on social media. "As a long time Chick-fil-A fanatic, I stand with Chick-Fil-A," the South Carolina Republican wrote on his Facebook page. "We had it for breakfast today, but my usual order is the #1 combo with slaw and a Coke Zero. Can't beat it."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why insects are the future of food
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
Subscribe to the Week