n Wednesday, conservatives around the country participated in "Chick-fil-A appreciation day" to support Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy, who has recently come under fire for saying he did not support gay marriage, and who has long been criticized by liberals for financially supporting anti-gay groups. The appreciation day was organized by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R), and saw prominent Republicans, including Sen. Lindsey Graham (pictured), eating at the fast-food chicken chain and posting pictures of themselves on social media. "As a long time Chick-fil-A fanatic, I stand with Chick-Fil-A," the South Carolina Republican wrote on his Facebook page. "We had it for breakfast today, but my usual order is the #1 combo with slaw and a Coke Zero. Can't beat it."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week