On Wednesday, conservatives around the country participated in "Chick-fil-A appreciation day" to support Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy, who has recently come under fire for saying he did not support gay marriage, and who has long been criticized by liberals for financially supporting anti-gay groups. The appreciation day was organized by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R), and saw prominent Republicans, including Sen. Lindsey Graham (pictured), eating at the fast-food chicken chain and posting pictures of themselves on social media. "As a long time Chick-fil-A fanatic, I stand with Chick-Fil-A," the South Carolina Republican wrote on his Facebook page. "We had it for breakfast today, but my usual order is the #1 combo with slaw and a Coke Zero. Can't beat it."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Pentagon's troubled, expensive new fighter jet
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week