On Wednesday, conservatives around the country participated in "Chick-fil-A appreciation day" to support Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy, who has recently come under fire for saying he did not support gay marriage, and who has long been criticized by liberals for financially supporting anti-gay groups. The appreciation day was organized by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R), and saw prominent Republicans, including Sen. Lindsey Graham (pictured), eating at the fast-food chicken chain and posting pictures of themselves on social media. "As a long time Chick-fil-A fanatic, I stand with Chick-Fil-A," the South Carolina Republican wrote on his Facebook page. "We had it for breakfast today, but my usual order is the #1 combo with slaw and a Coke Zero. Can't beat it."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
Subscribe to the Week