Welcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Last week's question: Publishers release as many as 11,000 new business books a year, hoping that one of the books flooding the market will hit it big, like last year's All I Know About Management I Learned From My Dog. We asked you to come up with the title of the next big business book.
THE WINNER: How to Succeed in Business Without Really Hiring
Alice Preece, Edmonds, WA
SECOND PLACE: The Billionaire's Guide to Bail-Outs
Mary Hogan, New York, NY
THIRD PLACE: All I Know About Being Managed I Learned from My Fire Hydrant
L. Robert Hill, Santa Rosa, CA
Everything I Know About Success I Learned from My Magnificent Boss
Stephen Dudzik, Olney, MD
All I Know about The Tech Industry I Learned from My 14-year-old
Kristin Loudis, Encinitas, CA
The 7 Habits of Highly Unethical People
Nancy Schreiber, Irving, TX
How to Profit from a Worthless Book
Alan Levy, New York, NY
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Building It
Rich Rochna, Virginia Beach, VA
I Didn't Write This Book
Diane Kirkland, Valley Village, CA
Too Big to Read
Michael Leary, Walnut Creek, CA
Fearlessly Outsource Yourself!
Mike Fleice, El Granada, CA
The Thanksgiving Turkey (And Other Ways of Not Paying Bonuses)
Robert Schechter, Dix Hills, NY
Texas Chainsaw Management
Tom Saulnier, East Longmeadow, MA
How to Write a Book After Your Business Fails
Gaylene Shafer, Pueblo, CO
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Reading this Book
Jim Testa, Northbrook, IL
From Lemonade Stand to MBA — and Back!
Charles & Mary Parry, Catonsville, MD
How to Find Joy in Failure
Jim McMullan, Island Heights, NJ
Who Ate My Cheese?
Stephanie Sarich, Minnetonka, MN
Keep Your Friends Close and Your Lobbyists Closer
Janine Witte, New Hope, PA
Fifty Shades of Green
Richard Grossman, Wilmington, DE
Fifty Shares of Greed
Linda Gage, Auburn, WA
No Bain, No Gain
Shelley Barnes, Newbury Park, CA
100 Ways to Profit from 100% Unemployment in 100 Degree Temperatures
Mike Berkley, Tempe, AZ
Jim Bertram, St. Cloud, MN
Oh Wow: Steve Jobs’ Lessons from Beyond
Marci Williams, Bainbridge Island, WA
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
Subscribe to the Week