he Republican-controlled House voted along party lines Wednesday to extend Bush-era tax cuts for all income levels. The largely symbolic move follows the House rejecting a Democratic plan, which passed in the Senate last week, to limit the cuts to individuals making less than $200,000, or couples making less than $250,000.
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- The secrets of happy families
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Did God have a wife?
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Will John Kerry's foreign policy successes undercut Hillary Clinton?
Subscribe to the Week