The Republican-controlled House voted along party lines Wednesday to extend Bush-era tax cuts for all income levels. The largely symbolic move follows the House rejecting a Democratic plan, which passed in the Senate last week, to limit the cuts to individuals making less than $200,000, or couples making less than $250,000.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week