The Republican-controlled House voted along party lines Wednesday to extend Bush-era tax cuts for all income levels. The largely symbolic move follows the House rejecting a Democratic plan, which passed in the Senate last week, to limit the cuts to individuals making less than $200,000, or couples making less than $250,000.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What if The Purge was real?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
Subscribe to the Week