The Republican-controlled House voted along party lines Wednesday to extend Bush-era tax cuts for all income levels. The largely symbolic move follows the House rejecting a Democratic plan, which passed in the Senate last week, to limit the cuts to individuals making less than $200,000, or couples making less than $250,000.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Why TheWeek.com is closing the comments section
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Could Forrest Gump have possibly survived his epic run?
Subscribe to the Week