Sources tell a CNN affiliate in Denver that a University of Colorado psychiatrist treating alleged movie theater shooter James Holmes was so concerned about her patient's behavior that she told colleagues he could be a danger to others. Dr. Lynn Fenton reportedly contacted multiple members of the "behavioral evaluation and threat assessment" team about Holmes in early June. University officials didn't contact authorities because Holmes dropped out of school shortly after and was no longer in their jurisdiction.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
Subscribe to the Week