Sources tell a CNN affiliate in Denver that a University of Colorado psychiatrist treating alleged movie theater shooter James Holmes was so concerned about her patient's behavior that she told colleagues he could be a danger to others. Dr. Lynn Fenton reportedly contacted multiple members of the "behavioral evaluation and threat assessment" team about Holmes in early June. University officials didn't contact authorities because Holmes dropped out of school shortly after and was no longer in their jurisdiction.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week