Sources tell a CNN affiliate in Denver that a University of Colorado psychiatrist treating alleged movie theater shooter James Holmes was so concerned about her patient's behavior that she told colleagues he could be a danger to others. Dr. Lynn Fenton reportedly contacted multiple members of the "behavioral evaluation and threat assessment" team about Holmes in early June. University officials didn't contact authorities because Holmes dropped out of school shortly after and was no longer in their jurisdiction.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week