n Wednesday, the U.S. Postal Service defaulted on a $5.5 billion payment owed the federal government for future retiree health benefits. Senators railed against the House for failing to act on a bipartisan bill to overhaul the agency that the Senate passed in April. The House plans to wait until after Labor Day to vote on the bill. The Postal Service says the default will not affect mail delivery or employees and suppliers being paid.
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
- Top 7 insane homeowners association rules
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week