The Federal Aviation Administration has confirmed that three U.S. commuter jets nearly crashed at Reagan National Airport Tuesday after air traffic controllers got mixed up responding to weather conditions. According to the reports, the aircraft were 12 seconds from impact when the mistake was corrected. One of the planes involved was a U.S. Airways jet with 192 people aboard.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Dean Koontz's 5 favorite books
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week