he Federal Aviation Administration has confirmed that three U.S. commuter jets nearly crashed at Reagan National Airport Tuesday after air traffic controllers got mixed up responding to weather conditions. According to the reports, the aircraft were 12 seconds from impact when the mistake was corrected. One of the planes involved was a U.S. Airways jet with 192 people aboard.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- How rain helped the Mongols conquer Asia
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Poll: Twice as many Americans say sugar is more harmful than marijuana
- How the U.S.'s obsession with cars is hurting the middle class
Subscribe to the Week