he Federal Aviation Administration has confirmed that three U.S. commuter jets nearly crashed at Reagan National Airport Tuesday after air traffic controllers got mixed up responding to weather conditions. According to the reports, the aircraft were 12 seconds from impact when the mistake was corrected. One of the planes involved was a U.S. Airways jet with 192 people aboard.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week