The Federal Aviation Administration has confirmed that three U.S. commuter jets nearly crashed at Reagan National Airport Tuesday after air traffic controllers got mixed up responding to weather conditions. According to the reports, the aircraft were 12 seconds from impact when the mistake was corrected. One of the planes involved was a U.S. Airways jet with 192 people aboard.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Girls on Film: Belle is one of the most groundbreaking, joyous movies of the summer
Subscribe to the Week