s the battle for Aleppo raged on Thursday, Syrian rebels used a tank they had captured from President Bashar al-Assad's forces to shell a military airbase that the regime reportedly planned to use "as a staging post for army reinforcements." The operation was reportedly one of the first known instances of rebels turning the regime's heavy weaponry against it. Meanwhile, in Damascus, Assad's troops reportedly "overran a suburb on Wednesday and killed at least 35 people, most unarmed civilians." Across Syria, more than 180 people were reportedly killed in fighting on Wednesday — most of them civilians.
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Ryan Seacrest invested $1 million to transform your iPhone into a BlackBerry
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- How Vanessa became Jacob
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The 2014 World Cup draw: Team U.S.A. is screwed
Subscribe to the Week