afalca, the 15-year-old dancing mare co-owned by the wife of GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney, made her Olympic debut Thursday in the equestrian dressage competition. Although Rafalca's scores weren't good enough to catapult the horse to the top of the leaderboard, Ann Romney cheered her on from the grandstand at Greenwich Park. Afterwards, an excited Ann Romney praised Rafalca's rider, Jan Ebeling. "Elegant, consistent, fantastic," she said. "Can you believe this?"
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- The last racial taboo
- 10 things you need to know today: December 11, 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Watch The Daily Show roll its eyes at outrage over Obama's handshake with Raul Castro
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
Subscribe to the Week