Rafalca, the 15-year-old dancing mare co-owned by the wife of GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney, made her Olympic debut Thursday in the equestrian dressage competition. Although Rafalca's scores weren't good enough to catapult the horse to the top of the leaderboard, Ann Romney cheered her on from the grandstand at Greenwich Park. Afterwards, an excited Ann Romney praised Rafalca's rider, Jan Ebeling. "Elegant, consistent, fantastic," she said. "Can you believe this?"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week