Rafalca, the 15-year-old dancing mare co-owned by the wife of GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney, made her Olympic debut Thursday in the equestrian dressage competition. Although Rafalca's scores weren't good enough to catapult the horse to the top of the leaderboard, Ann Romney cheered her on from the grandstand at Greenwich Park. Afterwards, an excited Ann Romney praised Rafalca's rider, Jan Ebeling. "Elegant, consistent, fantastic," she said. "Can you believe this?"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
Subscribe to the Week