afalca, the 15-year-old dancing mare co-owned by the wife of GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney, made her Olympic debut Thursday in the equestrian dressage competition. Although Rafalca's scores weren't good enough to catapult the horse to the top of the leaderboard, Ann Romney cheered her on from the grandstand at Greenwich Park. Afterwards, an excited Ann Romney praised Rafalca's rider, Jan Ebeling. "Elegant, consistent, fantastic," she said. "Can you believe this?"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
Subscribe to the Week