eam USA's Kayla Harrison took home the first judo gold medal ever in U.S. history in the women's 78-kilogram category, besting Gemma Gibbons of Great Britain. Harrison's win is the first gold but second medal for the American judo team, as teammate Marti Malloy won bronze in the women's 57-kilogram category earlier this week.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
Subscribe to the Week