Team USA's Kayla Harrison took home the first judo gold medal ever in U.S. history in the women's 78-kilogram category, besting Gemma Gibbons of Great Britain. Harrison's win is the first gold but second medal for the American judo team, as teammate Marti Malloy won bronze in the women's 57-kilogram category earlier this week.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week