Team USA's Kayla Harrison took home the first judo gold medal ever in U.S. history in the women's 78-kilogram category, besting Gemma Gibbons of Great Britain. Harrison's win is the first gold but second medal for the American judo team, as teammate Marti Malloy won bronze in the women's 57-kilogram category earlier this week.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week