eam USA's Kayla Harrison took home the first judo gold medal ever in U.S. history in the women's 78-kilogram category, besting Gemma Gibbons of Great Britain. Harrison's win is the first gold but second medal for the American judo team, as teammate Marti Malloy won bronze in the women's 57-kilogram category earlier this week.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Mexico's unluckiest thieves stole enough radioactive waste to make a dirty bomb
- These 5 far-out space projects are making science fiction a reality
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week