Team USA's Kayla Harrison took home the first judo gold medal ever in U.S. history in the women's 78-kilogram category, besting Gemma Gibbons of Great Britain. Harrison's win is the first gold but second medal for the American judo team, as teammate Marti Malloy won bronze in the women's 57-kilogram category earlier this week.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- 10 things you need to know today: August 30, 2014
Subscribe to the Week