abby Douglas, 16, won the gold medal in the women's gymnastics all-around on Thursday, becoming the first African-American ever to do so and the third American in a row to claim the title. Her virtually flawless routine was highlighted by a 15.966 score on the vault that rivaled teammate McKayla Maroney's already-legendary vault during the team competition. Russia's Victoria Komova took silver, while Russian Aliya Mustafina took bronze after winning a tiebreaker against American Aly Raisman.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
The history of Santa Claus: 7 interesting facts
- The secrets of happy families
- Have scientists unearthed the first 'gay caveman'?
Subscribe to the Week