abby Douglas, 16, won the gold medal in the women's gymnastics all-around on Thursday, becoming the first African-American ever to do so and the third American in a row to claim the title. Her virtually flawless routine was highlighted by a 15.966 score on the vault that rivaled teammate McKayla Maroney's already-legendary vault during the team competition. Russia's Victoria Komova took silver, while Russian Aliya Mustafina took bronze after winning a tiebreaker against American Aly Raisman.
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why European women are still smoking like chimneys
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
Subscribe to the Week