GOOD DAY FOR:
A cancer patient tweets at Aetna's CEO and eventually persuades the insurance bigwig to cover "every last penny" of the sick man's medical bills. [Consumerist]
Katniss Everdeen's influence
An NBC official says that archery is the hottest Olympic sport to air on its cable networks, and credits The Hunger Games phenomenon for the boost in viewership. [Gawker]
A band of historically outfitted, armor-clad brigands allegedly steals roughly $25,000 from a renaissance faire in France. [The Daily What]
BAD DAY FOR:
Modesty in the pool
NBC accidentally airs footage from an underwater camera that shows a U.S. water polo player's bare breast. [BuzzFeed]
Three US Airways commuter jets almost crash into each other in mid-air before landing safely in Washington, D.C. [Slate]
The USDA declares half of all U.S. counties disaster areas in light of the worsening drought. [Newser]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
Is kissing your kid on the lips creepy?
- The myth of the stay-at-home dad
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
Subscribe to the Week