he most decorated Olympian of all time has another medal to hang around his neck. Michael Phelps won his 20th Olympic medal, and 16th gold, with an impressive win in Thursday's 200-meter individual medley. Phelps, who finished in 1 minute and 54.27 seconds, beat his up-and-coming U.S. rival Ryan Lochte, who claimed the silver by clocking in at 1 minute and 54.90 seconds. Phelps also won gold in the 200m IM in Athens in 2004 and Beijing in 2008, and becomes the first male swimmer ever to win gold in the same event in three straight Olympics.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
Subscribe to the Week