he most decorated Olympian of all time has another medal to hang around his neck. Michael Phelps won his 20th Olympic medal, and 16th gold, with an impressive win in Thursday's 200-meter individual medley. Phelps, who finished in 1 minute and 54.27 seconds, beat his up-and-coming U.S. rival Ryan Lochte, who claimed the silver by clocking in at 1 minute and 54.90 seconds. Phelps also won gold in the 200m IM in Athens in 2004 and Beijing in 2008, and becomes the first male swimmer ever to win gold in the same event in three straight Olympics.
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Girls on Film: Stephen Frears' pioneering platform for older actresses
- How Vanessa became Jacob
Subscribe to the Week