America's star-studded Olympic basketball team obliterated Nigeria 156-73 on Thursday, smashing the old Olympic record for most points in a game (138), set by Brazil against Egypt 24 years ago. Led by 37 points from New York Knick Carmelo Anthony, Team USA also set Olympic record for points in a half (78), and broke American records for three-pointers (26), field goals (59), and field-goal percentage (71).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week