America's star-studded Olympic basketball team obliterated Nigeria 156-73 on Thursday, smashing the old Olympic record for most points in a game (138), set by Brazil against Egypt 24 years ago. Led by 37 points from New York Knick Carmelo Anthony, Team USA also set Olympic record for points in a half (78), and broke American records for three-pointers (26), field goals (59), and field-goal percentage (71).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 10 things you need to know today: November 22, 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Don't change a thing: 8 inventions that never needed updating
Subscribe to the Week