America's star-studded Olympic basketball team obliterated Nigeria 156-73 on Thursday, smashing the old Olympic record for most points in a game (138), set by Brazil against Egypt 24 years ago. Led by 37 points from New York Knick Carmelo Anthony, Team USA also set Olympic record for points in a half (78), and broke American records for three-pointers (26), field goals (59), and field-goal percentage (71).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What is Jebonomics?
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
Subscribe to the Week