America's star-studded Olympic basketball team obliterated Nigeria 156-73 on Thursday, smashing the old Olympic record for most points in a game (138), set by Brazil against Egypt 24 years ago. Led by 37 points from New York Knick Carmelo Anthony, Team USA also set Olympic record for points in a half (78), and broke American records for three-pointers (26), field goals (59), and field-goal percentage (71).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to live a long life, according to science
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
Subscribe to the Week