America's star-studded Olympic basketball team obliterated Nigeria 156-73 on Thursday, smashing the old Olympic record for most points in a game (138), set by Brazil against Egypt 24 years ago. Led by 37 points from New York Knick Carmelo Anthony, Team USA also set Olympic record for points in a half (78), and broke American records for three-pointers (26), field goals (59), and field-goal percentage (71).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
Subscribe to the Week