Same-sex marriage supporters are demonstrating across the country Friday by heading to their local Chick-fil-A and kissing a member of the same sex. The "kiss-in" demonstration follows efforts by traditional marriage advocates on Wednesday to show their support for the restaurant chain, whose CEO ignited a controversy with his comments about traditional marriage, with a Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week