In a grueling match that lasted four hours and 26 minutes, Swiss tennis great Roger Federer defeated Argentinian Juan del Potro in the semifinals. After losing the first set 3-6, Federer came back to narrowly win the second set, and won the final tiebreaker 19-17, making his ascent to the gold medal match certainly well-earned.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- How to make classic pulled pork
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
Subscribe to the Week