n a grueling match that lasted four hours and 26 minutes, Swiss tennis great Roger Federer defeated Argentinian Juan del Potro in the semifinals. After losing the first set 3-6, Federer came back to narrowly win the second set, and won the final tiebreaker 19-17, making his ascent to the gold medal match certainly well-earned.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- How to flirt, according to science
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- Everything you need to know about the Venezuelan protests
Subscribe to the Week