n a grueling match that lasted four hours and 26 minutes, Swiss tennis great Roger Federer defeated Argentinian Juan del Potro in the semifinals. After losing the first set 3-6, Federer came back to narrowly win the second set, and won the final tiebreaker 19-17, making his ascent to the gold medal match certainly well-earned.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
Subscribe to the Week