In a grueling match that lasted four hours and 26 minutes, Swiss tennis great Roger Federer defeated Argentinian Juan del Potro in the semifinals. After losing the first set 3-6, Federer came back to narrowly win the second set, and won the final tiebreaker 19-17, making his ascent to the gold medal match certainly well-earned.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
Subscribe to the Week