U.S. teen Missy Franklin wins gold in 200-meter backstroke, sets world record
he 17-year-old Missy Franklin took home her third gold medal in the women's 200-meter backstroke, setting a new world record with a time of 2 minutes and 4.06 seconds. Her teammate Elizabeth Beisel won the bronze.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
Subscribe to the Week