U.S. teen Missy Franklin wins gold in 200-meter backstroke, sets world record
The 17-year-old Missy Franklin took home her third gold medal in the women's 200-meter backstroke, setting a new world record with a time of 2 minutes and 4.06 seconds. Her teammate Elizabeth Beisel won the bronze.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
Subscribe to the Week