U.S. teen Missy Franklin wins gold in 200-meter backstroke, sets world record
he 17-year-old Missy Franklin took home her third gold medal in the women's 200-meter backstroke, setting a new world record with a time of 2 minutes and 4.06 seconds. Her teammate Elizabeth Beisel won the bronze.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- How moderns celebrate Good Friday and Easter
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week