scar Pistorius, the 25-year-old South African sprinter, made history by becoming the first amputee to compete in track at the Olympics. The four-time Paralympic champion, whose legs were amputated below the knee when he was a baby, finished second in his 400m heat in a time of 45.44 seconds to reach Sunday's semi-final.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Why cutting the government doesn't make it more efficient
Subscribe to the Week