scar Pistorius, the 25-year-old South African sprinter, made history by becoming the first amputee to compete in track at the Olympics. The four-time Paralympic champion, whose legs were amputated below the knee when he was a baby, finished second in his 400m heat in a time of 45.44 seconds to reach Sunday's semi-final.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week