scar Pistorius, the 25-year-old South African sprinter, made history by becoming the first amputee to compete in track at the Olympics. The four-time Paralympic champion, whose legs were amputated below the knee when he was a baby, finished second in his 400m heat in a time of 45.44 seconds to reach Sunday's semi-final.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The secrets of happy families
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Yes, Obama and Raul Castro shook hands. No, you shouldn't freak out about it.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week