Actor-director Clint Eastwood appeared at a California fundraiser for Mitt Romney on Friday to endorse the presumptive Republican presidential nominee. Eastwood said that he supports Romney because "the country needs a boost," and he believes Romney would restore "a decent tax system" in which people aren't "pitted against one another." The endorsement comes months after Eastwood appeared in a Super Bowl ad for Chrysler that some saw as a nod toward President Obama. At the time, Eastwood denied having any political leanings.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- The NFL is terrified of the culture war
Subscribe to the Week