ctor-director Clint Eastwood appeared at a California fundraiser for Mitt Romney on Friday to endorse the presumptive Republican presidential nominee. Eastwood said that he supports Romney because "the country needs a boost," and he believes Romney would restore "a decent tax system" in which people aren't "pitted against one another." The endorsement comes months after Eastwood appeared in a Super Bowl ad for Chrysler that some saw as a nod toward President Obama. At the time, Eastwood denied having any political leanings.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- Today in history: The birth of the federal income tax
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week