In Olympic basketball, the U.S. men's team, which has generally been trouncing rivals by huge margins, had a close call on Saturday against Lithuania. The Lithuanians took the lead 82-80 about midway through the fourth quarter, creating genuine tension for the first time in the U.S. team's Olympic run. The Americans fought back to take the game 99-94. In what may be another tight game, they face Argentina on Monday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
Subscribe to the Week