In Olympic basketball, the U.S. men's team, which has generally been trouncing rivals by huge margins, had a close call on Saturday against Lithuania. The Lithuanians took the lead 82-80 about midway through the fourth quarter, creating genuine tension for the first time in the U.S. team's Olympic run. The Americans fought back to take the game 99-94. In what may be another tight game, they face Argentina on Monday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Subscribe to the Week