In Olympic basketball, the U.S. men's team, which has generally been trouncing rivals by huge margins, had a close call on Saturday against Lithuania. The Lithuanians took the lead 82-80 about midway through the fourth quarter, creating genuine tension for the first time in the U.S. team's Olympic run. The Americans fought back to take the game 99-94. In what may be another tight game, they face Argentina on Monday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week