In Olympic basketball, the U.S. men's team, which has generally been trouncing rivals by huge margins, had a close call on Saturday against Lithuania. The Lithuanians took the lead 82-80 about midway through the fourth quarter, creating genuine tension for the first time in the U.S. team's Olympic run. The Americans fought back to take the game 99-94. In what may be another tight game, they face Argentina on Monday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week