In Olympic basketball, the U.S. men's team, which has generally been trouncing rivals by huge margins, had a close call on Saturday against Lithuania. The Lithuanians took the lead 82-80 about midway through the fourth quarter, creating genuine tension for the first time in the U.S. team's Olympic run. The Americans fought back to take the game 99-94. In what may be another tight game, they face Argentina on Monday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week