ared Lee Loughner, the man accused of shooting former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and killing six others in January 2011, is expected to plead guilty on Tuesday. A psychologist appointed by the court will reportedly say that Loughner is mentally competent to enter the plea. In January, the psychologist had said that Loughner, a diagnosed schizophrenic, was incompetent to stand trial, but noted that he was making progress. Under a plea deal, the 23-year-old is expected to get a life sentence.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Study: Women regret past sexual encounters, while men regret not having more of them
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- China's massive pollution problem
- The executioners' lament
Subscribe to the Week