Afghan President Hamid Karzai accepted parliament's dismissal of the defense and interior ministers on Sunday. Interior Minister Besmillah Mohammadi and Defense Minister Abdul Rahim Wardak were criticized for failing to prevent cross-border shelling from Pakistan, and other security lapses. The two will remain in their posts until replacements are found.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why America is duty-bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week