fghan President Hamid Karzai accepted parliament's dismissal of the defense and interior ministers on Sunday. Interior Minister Besmillah Mohammadi and Defense Minister Abdul Rahim Wardak were criticized for failing to prevent cross-border shelling from Pakistan, and other security lapses. The two will remain in their posts until replacements are found.
- The secrets of happy families
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Did God have a wife?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Will John Kerry's foreign policy successes undercut Hillary Clinton?
- Why Newt Gingrich is getting flak for defending Nelson Mandela
- The emerging budget deal is a small victory for Republicans
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
Subscribe to the Week