Afghan President Hamid Karzai accepted parliament's dismissal of the defense and interior ministers on Sunday. Interior Minister Besmillah Mohammadi and Defense Minister Abdul Rahim Wardak were criticized for failing to prevent cross-border shelling from Pakistan, and other security lapses. The two will remain in their posts until replacements are found.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- You're reheating pizza wrong
Subscribe to the Week