Afghan President Hamid Karzai accepted parliament's dismissal of the defense and interior ministers on Sunday. Interior Minister Besmillah Mohammadi and Defense Minister Abdul Rahim Wardak were criticized for failing to prevent cross-border shelling from Pakistan, and other security lapses. The two will remain in their posts until replacements are found.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 10 things you need to know today: August 1, 2014
- How to make classic pulled pork
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The main lesson of Argentina's debt nightmare
Subscribe to the Week