n the season of state and county fairs, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a reminder warning for fairgoers to be careful around pigs because of a new flu spreading from the animals to people. Ten of the 12 cases of swine flu confirmed this week were linked to the Butler County Fair in southwest Ohio, which ended last weekend. Officials say 29 human cases of the new strain of swine flu have been confirmed in the U.S. in the last year, most of them children.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
Subscribe to the Week