At least 7 people were killed in a mass-shooting, including the gunman, at the Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, Ill., near Milwaukee. Several more people were injured, including a police officer. The shooting occurred around 10:30 a.m. Sunday. Details are still unfolding, and it's unclear whether more than one shooter was involved and whether hostages were taken inside the temple. The shooting comes just two weeks after the massacre in Aurora, Colo., and amid a renewed debate over America's lax gun laws.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- 6 constitutional amendments that just missed the cut
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week