At least 7 people were killed in a mass-shooting, including the gunman, at the Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, Ill., near Milwaukee. Several more people were injured, including a police officer. The shooting occurred around 10:30 a.m. Sunday. Details are still unfolding, and it's unclear whether more than one shooter was involved and whether hostages were taken inside the temple. The shooting comes just two weeks after the massacre in Aurora, Colo., and amid a renewed debate over America's lax gun laws.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Are hedge funds doomed?
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
Subscribe to the Week