At least 7 people were killed in a mass-shooting, including the gunman, at the Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, Ill., near Milwaukee. Several more people were injured, including a police officer. The shooting occurred around 10:30 a.m. Sunday. Details are still unfolding, and it's unclear whether more than one shooter was involved and whether hostages were taken inside the temple. The shooting comes just two weeks after the massacre in Aurora, Colo., and amid a renewed debate over America's lax gun laws.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week