t least 7 people were killed in a mass-shooting, including the gunman, at the Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, Ill., near Milwaukee. Several more people were injured, including a police officer. The shooting occurred around 10:30 a.m. Sunday. Details are still unfolding, and it's unclear whether more than one shooter was involved and whether hostages were taken inside the temple. The shooting comes just two weeks after the massacre in Aurora, Colo., and amid a renewed debate over America's lax gun laws.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
Subscribe to the Week