t least 7 people were killed in a mass-shooting, including the gunman, at the Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, Ill., near Milwaukee. Several more people were injured, including a police officer. The shooting occurred around 10:30 a.m. Sunday. Details are still unfolding, and it's unclear whether more than one shooter was involved and whether hostages were taken inside the temple. The shooting comes just two weeks after the massacre in Aurora, Colo., and amid a renewed debate over America's lax gun laws.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- How rain helped the Mongols conquer Asia
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- America's love-hate relationship with porn
- Poll: Twice as many Americans say sugar is more harmful than marijuana
Subscribe to the Week