Seven people are dead, including the gunman, after Sunday's shooting at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wis., a Milwaukee suburb. Another three people were wounded, including a police officer who arrived early on the scene. The attack took place about 11:30 ET, when the victims were reciting prayers and cooking food to prepare for Sunday worship. Kanwardeep Singh Kaleka, a member of the congregation who helped interview witnesses has said they described the shooter as a bald white man in his 30s, dressed in a white t-shirt and black pants, with a 9/11 tattoo on his arm which, Kaleka says, "implies to me that there's some level of hate crime there." The FBI is reportedly investigating the shooting as a "domestic terrorist-type incident."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How to make classic pulled pork
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
Subscribe to the Week