even people are dead, including the gunman, after Sunday's shooting at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wis., a Milwaukee suburb. Another three people were wounded, including a police officer who arrived early on the scene. The attack took place about 11:30 ET, when the victims were reciting prayers and cooking food to prepare for Sunday worship. Kanwardeep Singh Kaleka, a member of the congregation who helped interview witnesses has said they described the shooter as a bald white man in his 30s, dressed in a white t-shirt and black pants, with a 9/11 tattoo on his arm which, Kaleka says, "implies to me that there's some level of hate crime there." The FBI is reportedly investigating the shooting as a "domestic terrorist-type incident."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week