Seven people are dead, including the gunman, after Sunday's shooting at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wis., a Milwaukee suburb. Another three people were wounded, including a police officer who arrived early on the scene. The attack took place about 11:30 ET, when the victims were reciting prayers and cooking food to prepare for Sunday worship. Kanwardeep Singh Kaleka, a member of the congregation who helped interview witnesses has said they described the shooter as a bald white man in his 30s, dressed in a white t-shirt and black pants, with a 9/11 tattoo on his arm which, Kaleka says, "implies to me that there's some level of hate crime there." The FBI is reportedly investigating the shooting as a "domestic terrorist-type incident."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
Subscribe to the Week