Seven people are dead, including the gunman, after Sunday's shooting at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wis., a Milwaukee suburb. Another three people were wounded, including a police officer who arrived early on the scene. The attack took place about 11:30 ET, when the victims were reciting prayers and cooking food to prepare for Sunday worship. Kanwardeep Singh Kaleka, a member of the congregation who helped interview witnesses has said they described the shooter as a bald white man in his 30s, dressed in a white t-shirt and black pants, with a 9/11 tattoo on his arm which, Kaleka says, "implies to me that there's some level of hate crime there." The FBI is reportedly investigating the shooting as a "domestic terrorist-type incident."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week