he suspected gunman who went on a deadly shooting rampage in a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wis., has been identified as Wade Michael Page, a former U.S. army enlistee, who was discharged after six years. Page was also reportedly a member of a white supremacist band. Federal officials swarmed a duplex in nearby Cudahy on Sunday, evacuating the area and searched what sources said was the assailant's home. Neighbors tell CBS News that the man in the duplex had only been there about two weeks. "We heard here and there that they've been doing a lot of arguing, between him and another female, but I haven't seen him," says Alma Rayes.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- SNL tackles Vladimir Putin's Ukraine invasion, politically and personally
Subscribe to the Week