he Justice Department is investigating whether Las Vegas Sands Corp., owned by high-profile Republican donor Sheldon Adelson, broke money-laundering laws by failing to alert authorities to millions of dollars transferred to its casinos by two Las Vegas high rollers. The deposits were made in the mid-2000s by a Mexican pharmaceutical businessman, later indicted for drug trafficking in 2007, and a California executive with Fry's Electronics, who later pleaded guilty to taking illegal kickbacks.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The secrets of happy families
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- The last racial taboo
Subscribe to the Week