en. John McCain (R-Ariz.), pictured, former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee are among the first speakers named for the Republican National Convention, which takes place later this month. The keynote speaker will be named closer to the convention's start.
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- Is it possible to live forever?
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- How America's unions can reinvent themselves in the new economy
- Why the GOP's "Women 101" seminars won't help the party with female voters
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
Subscribe to the Week