American judo player Nicholas Depopolo was expelled from the Olympics after he tested positive for marijuana on Monday. Depopolo, who finished seventh in the men's 73kg judo event, apologized to the national Olympic committee, but claimed he ingested food that he did not know had been baked with marijuana.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
Subscribe to the Week