American judo player Nicholas Depopolo was expelled from the Olympics after he tested positive for marijuana on Monday. Depopolo, who finished seventh in the men's 73kg judo event, apologized to the national Olympic committee, but claimed he ingested food that he did not know had been baked with marijuana.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week