American judo player Nicholas Depopolo was expelled from the Olympics after he tested positive for marijuana on Monday. Depopolo, who finished seventh in the men's 73kg judo event, apologized to the national Olympic committee, but claimed he ingested food that he did not know had been baked with marijuana.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week