roponents of same-sex marriage are planning to swarm Starbucks locations on Tuesday to counter Chick-fil-A's record sales last week. Last Wednesday, the fast-food chain enjoyed a surge of support from the likes of former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and Sarah and Todd Palin during what was dubbed Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day, after the company's president Dan Cathy went on record backing the "biblical definition of the family unit." So far, nearly 28,000 people have signed up to attend the Starbucks event, which was organized by Equally Wed, a gay and lesbian wedding magazine. The coffee purveyor, which is headquartered in Washington, early this year threw its support behind the state's push to legalize same-sex marriage. The law will be voted on in a November referendum.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Science: Cuddling is key to a committed and loving relationship
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- The executioners' lament
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
Subscribe to the Week