The U.S. women's soccer team defeated Canada in a thrillingly close game that ended with a score of 4-3 in overtime, when forward Alex Morgan swooped in for a header to close out the game. The victory sends the U.S. to the finals, where they will play Japan for the gold medal.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week