esidents of Richmond, Calif., were ordered to stay in their homes Monday night after a series of explosions and fires erupted at a Chevron refinery in the area. There were no fatalaties but one employee did suffer burns. Health officials' main concern was fumes from crude oil and diesel fuel. The Chevron Richmond refinery is Northern California's largest, capable of processing more than 242,000 barrels of oil each day.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Repealing ObamaCare would now mean kicking 4.2 million people off their new insurance plans
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week