U.S. gymnast Aly Raisman, 18, narrowly clinched a bronze medal after a protest and a tiebreaker. Team USA successfully contested Raisman's score on the beam, leading the judges to raise her total from 14.966 to 15.066 and putting her into a tie for third place with Romania's Catalina Ponor. The tie was broken by Raisman's higher execution score. This is her first individual Olympic medal.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 4 cool tech innovations that could revolutionize sports
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week