U.S. gymnast Aly Raisman, 18, narrowly clinched a bronze medal after a protest and a tiebreaker. Team USA successfully contested Raisman's score on the beam, leading the judges to raise her total from 14.966 to 15.066 and putting her into a tie for third place with Romania's Catalina Ponor. The tie was broken by Raisman's higher execution score. This is her first individual Olympic medal.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
Subscribe to the Week