.S. gymnast Aly Raisman, 18, narrowly clinched a bronze medal after a protest and a tiebreaker. Team USA successfully contested Raisman's score on the beam, leading the judges to raise her total from 14.966 to 15.066 and putting her into a tie for third place with Romania's Catalina Ponor. The tie was broken by Raisman's higher execution score. This is her first individual Olympic medal.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week