Seven athletes from Cameroon who had completed their events have vanished from the Olympic Village, with many suspecting that the athletes — five boxers, a swimmer, and a soccer player — fled to Europe for "economic reasons." The International Olympic Committee has so far released no further details.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The next pandemic
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
Subscribe to the Week