Seven athletes from Cameroon who had completed their events have vanished from the Olympic Village, with many suspecting that the athletes — five boxers, a swimmer, and a soccer player — fled to Europe for "economic reasons." The International Olympic Committee has so far released no further details.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Could better U.S.-Cuban relations thwart baseball's human smuggling problem?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week