Seven athletes from Cameroon who had completed their events have vanished from the Olympic Village, with many suspecting that the athletes — five boxers, a swimmer, and a soccer player — fled to Europe for "economic reasons." The International Olympic Committee has so far released no further details.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week