ade Michael Page, the 40-year-old man who allegedly killed six members of a Sikh temple in suburban Wisconsin on Sunday, was discharged from the Army in 1998 because of excessive drinking. Page, who was killed by a police after the attack, was dismissed from the Army after being found drunk during military exercises. A year later he was convicted of driving under the influence in Colorado. Page had also recently lost a trucking job because of alcohol abuse. Christopher Robillard, a close friend of Page's when they were in the service together, said Page "would talk about the racial holy war, like he wanted it to come, but to me, he didn't seem like the type of person to go out and hurt people."
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The secrets of happy families
- Battle in a blizzard
- Did God have a wife?
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Why Newt Gingrich is getting flak for defending Nelson Mandela
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
Subscribe to the Week