OOD DAY FOR:
Jim, Johnnie, and Jameson
Three of the top five liquors that experienced sales gains in 2011 are whiskey varieties. [The Daily]
Fans of the Bluths
Filming of the much-anticipated fourth season of Arrested Development begins today. [HyperVocal]
Gloating early adapters
A new website will reveal how early or late you were to join social media networks such as Twitter and Instagram in relation to your friends and the rest of the world. [Geekosystem]
BAD DAY FOR:
Cheap fast food
Wendy's locations in Japan introduce $16 burgers topped with caviar and lobster. [Newser]
Playing with blocks
Doctors discover that a small Lego block crammed up a six-year-old's nose was the cause of his chronic health problems. [Consumerist]
False rumors that Syria's president Assad had died lead to a quick increase in the price of oil on the commodity markets. [Tecca]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: August 6, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week