OOD DAY FOR:
Jim, Johnnie, and Jameson
Three of the top five liquors that experienced sales gains in 2011 are whiskey varieties. [The Daily]
Fans of the Bluths
Filming of the much-anticipated fourth season of Arrested Development begins today. [HyperVocal]
Gloating early adapters
A new website will reveal how early or late you were to join social media networks such as Twitter and Instagram in relation to your friends and the rest of the world. [Geekosystem]
BAD DAY FOR:
Cheap fast food
Wendy's locations in Japan introduce $16 burgers topped with caviar and lobster. [Newser]
Playing with blocks
Doctors discover that a small Lego block crammed up a six-year-old's nose was the cause of his chronic health problems. [Consumerist]
False rumors that Syria's president Assad had died lead to a quick increase in the price of oil on the commodity markets. [Tecca]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: August 6, 2012
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- 10 things you need to know today: December 12, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Did Paul Ryan just throw in the towel on 2016?
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
Subscribe to the Week