he U.S. women's soccer team beat Canada, 4-3, with a last-minute goal in overtime by first-time Olympian Alex Morgan, sending Team USA into the gold medal round against Japan — a rematch of the women's World Cup final in 2011, which Japan won on penalty kicks. Morgan, 23, scored the game-winning goal off her head in the 123rd minute. "She's still a genetic freak, in my opinion," says teammate Abby Wambach. "She makes plays that you don't expect anybody to make."
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Instagram might be ruining our memories. Here's why that's a good thing.
- The toughest question for 2016 Democratic presidential candidates
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
Subscribe to the Week