special agent for the FBI in Milwaukee said Wednesday that Wade Michael Page, who police say shot and killed six people at a Sikh temple in Milwaukee on Sunday, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head — after he was shot in the stomach by a responding officer. On Tuesday police arrested Misty Cook, Page's former girlfriend, on gun charges. Cook has not been accused of having any connection to the shooting spree, but the Anti-Defamation League has identified her as participating, along with Page, in white supremacist online forums.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week