A special agent for the FBI in Milwaukee said Wednesday that Wade Michael Page, who police say shot and killed six people at a Sikh temple in Milwaukee on Sunday, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head — after he was shot in the stomach by a responding officer. On Tuesday police arrested Misty Cook, Page's former girlfriend, on gun charges. Cook has not been accused of having any connection to the shooting spree, but the Anti-Defamation League has identified her as participating, along with Page, in white supremacist online forums.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- The best books we read in 2014
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How to wrap a present with mathematical precision (and waste less paper)
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
Subscribe to the Week