A special agent for the FBI in Milwaukee said Wednesday that Wade Michael Page, who police say shot and killed six people at a Sikh temple in Milwaukee on Sunday, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head — after he was shot in the stomach by a responding officer. On Tuesday police arrested Misty Cook, Page's former girlfriend, on gun charges. Cook has not been accused of having any connection to the shooting spree, but the Anti-Defamation League has identified her as participating, along with Page, in white supremacist online forums.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
Subscribe to the Week