A special agent for the FBI in Milwaukee said Wednesday that Wade Michael Page, who police say shot and killed six people at a Sikh temple in Milwaukee on Sunday, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head — after he was shot in the stomach by a responding officer. On Tuesday police arrested Misty Cook, Page's former girlfriend, on gun charges. Cook has not been accused of having any connection to the shooting spree, but the Anti-Defamation League has identified her as participating, along with Page, in white supremacist online forums.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
Subscribe to the Week