American sprinter Allyson Felix took home the gold in the women's 200-meter race with a time of 21.88 seconds. Jamaica's Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce took silver with a time of 22.09 seconds and fellow American teammate Carmelita Jeter won bronze with a time of 22.14 seconds.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
Subscribe to the Week