State health officials on Wednesday confirmed that 113 Indiana residents are infected with the swine flu virus, transmitted from pigs to humans, with more cases are likely on the way. (Just 11 people were infected, as of last week.) On Monday, Indiana said it was closing the swine barn at its state fair after six pigs were found to have elevated temperatures.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- How Democrats might goad the GOP into shutting down the government
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week