State health officials on Wednesday confirmed that 113 Indiana residents are infected with the swine flu virus, transmitted from pigs to humans, with more cases are likely on the way. (Just 11 people were infected, as of last week.) On Monday, Indiana said it was closing the swine barn at its state fair after six pigs were found to have elevated temperatures.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to deep fry a turkey
Subscribe to the Week