State health officials on Wednesday confirmed that 113 Indiana residents are infected with the swine flu virus, transmitted from pigs to humans, with more cases are likely on the way. (Just 11 people were infected, as of last week.) On Monday, Indiana said it was closing the swine barn at its state fair after six pigs were found to have elevated temperatures.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make corn dogs
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
Subscribe to the Week