State health officials on Wednesday confirmed that 113 Indiana residents are infected with the swine flu virus, transmitted from pigs to humans, with more cases are likely on the way. (Just 11 people were infected, as of last week.) On Monday, Indiana said it was closing the swine barn at its state fair after six pigs were found to have elevated temperatures.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 10 burning questions you've always wanted to ask about investing
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
Subscribe to the Week