State health officials on Wednesday confirmed that 113 Indiana residents are infected with the swine flu virus, transmitted from pigs to humans, with more cases are likely on the way. (Just 11 people were infected, as of last week.) On Monday, Indiana said it was closing the swine barn at its state fair after six pigs were found to have elevated temperatures.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
Subscribe to the Week