A Miami TV station has obtained a tape of a July police interview in which Ronald Poppo, the homeless victim of a bizarre attack that gripped the nation, sums up how he was mauled by Rudy Eugene. "He just ripped me to ribbons," Poppo, a homeless man, matter-of-factly told detectives. "He chewed up my face. He plucked out my eyes. Basically that's all there is to say about it." Poppo also thanked Miami police, saying he would probably have died if an officer hadn't arrived and shot Eugene dead.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
Subscribe to the Week