A Miami TV station has obtained a tape of a July police interview in which Ronald Poppo, the homeless victim of a bizarre attack that gripped the nation, sums up how he was mauled by Rudy Eugene. "He just ripped me to ribbons," Poppo, a homeless man, matter-of-factly told detectives. "He chewed up my face. He plucked out my eyes. Basically that's all there is to say about it." Poppo also thanked Miami police, saying he would probably have died if an officer hadn't arrived and shot Eugene dead.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Are hedge funds doomed?
Subscribe to the Week