Miami TV station has obtained a tape of a July police interview in which Ronald Poppo, the homeless victim of a bizarre attack that gripped the nation, sums up how he was mauled by Rudy Eugene. "He just ripped me to ribbons," Poppo, a homeless man, matter-of-factly told detectives. "He chewed up my face. He plucked out my eyes. Basically that's all there is to say about it." Poppo also thanked Miami police, saying he would probably have died if an officer hadn't arrived and shot Eugene dead.
- How the vitamin industrial complex swindled America
- Fox News has already lost its War on Christmas
- Robots are the not-too-distant future of war
- Based on a true story? Fact-checking 6 Oscar contenders
- Why does China's Moon Rover exhibit show a nuclear mushroom cloud over Europe?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why liberals soured on President Obama in 2013
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- How to give birth (100 years ago)
Subscribe to the Week